Jiu Jitsu Program (Ages 3 – 14 years)
Our comprehensive program concentrates on developing independent, strong and confident youth within our community.
History has shown involvement in Martial Arts to be an excellent teacher of valuable life skills including, discipline, integrity, ability to problem solve and team work. Our kids Jiu Jitsu Program aims to build the focus, confidence, love for physical activity and maximise performance delivered through clear instructions, repetition and a hands on approach.
Working on all aspects of Jiu Jitsu (Fitness, Technique, Competition and Self -Defence), Our Kids Program ensures all children learn to cope with physical and emotional aspects of life, learn to work with others of all abilities and realise their individual potential that will build life long positive habits and stronger minds to take on lifes’ daily challenges.
A Typical Class includes:
- Warm-Up: Consisting of jogging, hopping, forward rolls, hip escapes and bridges – movements needed within Jiu Jitsu, to build good body mechanics and coordination
- Technique Delivery: The coach will talk through the technique to be learnt, and demonstrate the steps to complete the technique
- Drilling Time as a team: Students work with a partner to practice the technique where the coach prompts students through each step as a team
- Team Question Time: Students are able to discuss what they found difficult with the technique and how to correct it, along with any other relevant Jiu Jitsu questions relatable to competition/gradings/other techniques learnt to encourage talking in front of a group and to improve their understanding and development of Jiu Jitsu
- Live rolling/matches: Students will be matched up against a fellow student and a live 2 minute match will commence, where students are able to utilise techniques and skills acquired in a real life scenario